TMJ is a condition that can impact your joints and chewing muscles. It can cause difficulty speaking, chewing, and swallowing. It can prove to be painful for several patients. This condition affects the joints that connect the jawbone to the skull. These joints manage the entire mouth-related movements, such as speaking and eating. The condition, if left untreated, can cause joint damage and functional issues with the jaw. Once the jaw joints and surrounding muscles suffer from inflammation due to TMD, the patient may feel muscle pain, migraines, headaches that spread through the neck and shoulder area. A dentist in Lenexa, KS, has the right skills and expertise in treating the most persistent issues of TMJ disorder. Please schedule your appointment with us for the best TMJ treatment in Lenexa.
Symptoms of TMJ
- Severe pain and tenderness in the jaw.
- The patient suffers from pain in both sides of the jaw or on one side of the jaw.
- Aching that occurs around the ears.
- Difficulty in chewing due to pain.
- Pain in the face.
- Locking sensations within the mouth.
Causes of TMJ
- TMJ occurs due to the erosion or misalignment of shock-absorbing discs between the temporomandibular joints.
- When the cartilage of the temporomandibular joints is affected by arthritis, TMJ disorder occurs.
- Damage to the temporomandibular joints due to injuries.
Schedule Your TMJ Treatment Lenexa
We are a state-of-the-art dental clinic led by a team of highly qualified dental professionals. Our dentist has the proper knowledge and skills to understand the patient’s concerns and deliver the best TMJ disorder treatment that offers fantastic results. If you have symptoms of TMJ, do schedule an appointment at our dental clinic, and we will be happy to assist you.