If you are in need of kids dental cleaning and examinations, give us a call. We help children from a very young age to develop healthy oral hygiene and the habits necessary to stay in excellent oral health as they age. Education should begin early, and kids as young as one-year of age can begin to appreciate brushing their teeth. It simply takes education, effort and consistency – three things that we can help you with.
At our office, we recommend that you bring your child in for teeth cleaning while they are still very young. We can make sure that their teeth are growing in correctly and clean them in order to reduce their risk of developing cavities. Tooth decay (cavities) is a significant problem. In fact, it is so common that the CDC has labeled tooth decay as a leading infectious disease and a number one reason for kids missing school. This is a problem and one that we can help to solve. By simply cleaning our patient’s teeth, we can remove built up plaque and tartar that can cause these health problems. Here is how it works:
- When your child eats, they are putting sugar onto their teeth
- Sugar reacts with the bacteria in the mouth and plaque is created
- Plaque can secrete acid so the longer that it remains on the teeth, the more likely it is that acid will begin to attack the teeth
- After a while, the acid finally breaks through the layer of enamel and tooth decay begins
- Decay can and will spread if left untreated, this is why your child should have decay removed immediately. Once it has spread the process of removing it is far more significant
*If we can perform kids dental cleaning and examinations, we can remove plaque and tartar early on and prevent the formation of cavities in the process.
- If your child does develop decay, we will need to numb that area of their mouth and then remove the decay before cleaning and restoring it. Doing so quickly is critical for ensuring that they do not experience any unnecessary discomfort or irritation like a terrible toothache.
Kids Dental Cleaning and Examinations Leawood
Teeth cleaning appointments are relatively fast. We can clean your child’s teeth in thirty minutes when we have to and this will give you plenty of time to get them back to school or to leave on your family road trip. Given how quickly we can complete a cleaning, there is no reason not to schedule one. When you consider the health problems that a cleaning can prevent, it becomes even more important to come on in. We are confident that your experience will be positive when you do.
Call our Leawood, KS, dental office to make an appointment with a dentist who may be able to help you find out more about this topic, and improve your oral health.
Live in Leawood, KS and have questions about kids dental cleaning and examinations? Give us a call at (913) 349-5275.