Do you want to transform your dull smile? Want a smile makeover? If yes, cosmetic dentistry is just for you! Your smile is one of the greatest tools you will ever own. If you feel insecure about your smile, cosmetic dental procedures will help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Every smile is unique, therefore, it is important to get the best cosmetic dentist in Leawood to ensure you will achieve your perfect smile. The following are three of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Our Cosmetic Dental Treatments In Leawood
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that uses a tooth-colored composite resin material to enhance your smile. It can fix the following dental issues
- Cover chips or cracks in your teeth.
- Hide tooth discoloration.
- Close gaps between your teeth.
- Change the shape of your teeth and make them look longer.
Cosmetic bonding is a common procedure and is frequently performed. The following is an overview of the procedure.
- The dentist will understand your goals and will take X-rays to ensure your gums and teeth are safe.
- This will also determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Then the dentist will select a shade that will match the natural color of your teeth.
- The surface of your tooth is roughened, and the resin is applied and bonded to your tooth.
- It will take up to 30-60 minutes to complete the procedure.
After dental bonding, you Can just follow regular oral hygiene. Brush at least twice a day with a soft toothbrush and use fluoride toothpaste. Floss your teeth once daily and visit the dentist for regular dental check-ups and cleanings once every six months.
# Benefits Of Dental Bonding
- Minimally invasive and doesn’t require enamel removal
- Dental bonding is also one of the least expensive procedures, which makes it cost-effective.
- Dental bonding can fix a wide range of dental issues
- It is fast and convenient and doesn’t require more than one visit. You can resume your moral activities as soon as you leave the office.
- It is also reversible and not permanent.
- Dental bonding lasts for 10 years, depending on your oral habits.
Dental veneers are custom-made shells that fit over the front surface of your teeth. It covers cracks, chips stains and gives you an even smile. It is one of the most common cosmetic dentistry treatments. You can get dental veneers if you want to enhance your smile or want to fix dental issues before they turn into major issues.
- If you have chipped or broken teeth
- If you have gaps or spaces between your teeth
- If you want to cover permanent stains and discoloration.
- If you want to fix teeth that are too small
- If you irregularly shaped or misshapen teeth
However, veneers won’t work for you if you have cavities and gum disease. If you have these oral health issues, you need to treat those treatments first.
# Benefits Of Dental Veneers
- Veneers can completely transform your smile.
- They provide you with natural results and enhance your smile.
- Veneers are stain-resistant.
- Veneers don’t require additional maintenance.
- Veneers don’t require extra maintenance or care, just brushing twice every day and flossing will protect your teeth and veneers.
Although veneers are cavity-resistant, your natural tooth structure can decay, therefore you should visit the dental office in Leawood regularly for dental cleanings. Dental veneers last for a long, i.e., 10 to 15 years with proper maintenance and care. It is also stain-resistant, however, it’s best to avoid dark-colored foods and beverages like berries, wine, coffee, tea, etc.
Teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic-dentistry procedure to transform your smile quickly in a non-invasive and affordable way. Over time, your foods and habits can stain your teeth, this will cause a yellow or discolored smile and can restrain you from smiling freely. With professional teeth whitening treatment, the dentist will use a peroxide gel to brighten and whiten your smile. However, a detailed explanation of the procedure is mentioned below.
An Examination Of Tooth Enamel
- The dentist will first examine your teeth and make sure there are no dental issues, such as cavities or gum disease.
- If you have permanent stains or extremely sensitive teeth, the cosmetic dentist should discuss with you the potential solutions to your problems and make sure you get the smile you desire.
There are two different types of professional teeth whitening procedures
# In-Office Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Once the dentist determines you are a good candidate for teeth whitening, they will clean your teeth to remove all the plaque and bacteria build-up, making sure your teeth are clean.
- They will then protect your tongue, gums, cheeks, etc., by placing a barrier between your teeth and the fleshy parts of your mouth.
- The teeth whitening gel will then be placed and left on your teeth for 30 minutes to an hour.
With professional teeth whitening treatment, you will get up to 8 shades lighter teeth.
# Professional Take-Home Kits
With professional teeth whitening take-home kit, you can get whiter and brighter teeth in the comfort of your home. You will receive custom-made trays that will fit your smile perfectly. This will ensure you have even whitening, and your gums will be safe.
# Maintaining Your Results
- To keep your results from teeth whitening for long, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- You can consider at-home follow-up or maintenance whitening once a year.
- Avoid dark-colored foods and drinks for a week after whitening.
- Consider using a straw to sip dark-colored beverages.
- Practice excellent oral hygiene.
Consult Dental Office In Leawood
If you are worried about your smile and want to achieve the perfect smile, you can always consult a cosmetic dentist in Leawood. Cosmetic dental treatments will not only improve the appearance of your teeth but also improve oral health. With advanced technology, it is now easier to improve your smile based on your needs and concerns.