“I appreciate that they take the time to talk with me, listen to my concerns about my teeth and give me workable suggestions.”
TMJ Treatment In Leawood, KS
If you have persistent jaw pain that makes it difficult to speak or eat, then our dentists at Asha Dental can help. Our dental office in Leawood, KS, offers a variety of treatment options to improve jaw functionality and relieve discomfort. To learn more about putting an end to TMJ issues, schedule an appointment online or give us a call.
What Is TMJ Disorder?
Both sides of your skull have a hinge called the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). It aids in the connection between the jaw and the head. TMJ issues impact the movement of your jaw and can cause chronic pain, making chewing and speaking difficult.
What Causes TMJ Disorders?
A variety of causes might contribute to TMJ dysfunction and pain. TMJ problems can develop if you have bruxism, a condition in which you clench or grind your teeth regularly. TMJ problems can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Your jaw has been injured.
- Injury to the face
After a thorough dental examination and review of an X-ray of your jaw, our Leawood dentists can pinpoint the source of your jaw pain.
What Are The Symptoms Of TMJ Disorder?
TMJ-related headaches and jaw pain can be excruciating and life-threatening. Our dental office can help with pain alleviation and any other difficulties that may emerge from this problem. TMJ is a treatable condition, and our team of experts will work with you to create a treatment plan that will alleviate your TMJ headaches and jaw pain.
- Neck and shoulder ache that won’t go away
- A strange bite
- Tense jaw muscles
- Teeth that don’t line up
- The ear hurts (ringing pain and excess pressure)
- Bruxism (teeth grinding) is a condition in which a person grinds their teeth.
- Jaw is clenched
- Jaw popping or clicking
What Is The Process Of TMJ Treatment In Leawood, KS?
- To establish the severity of TMJ pain, our dentists in Leawood will do a thorough examination and interview.
- We feel that adequate information is essential. Thus we thoroughly explain what may be causing the suffering and available treatment options.
- A CT scan may be required to acquire 3D imaging of the jaw muscles and structure. This is completed on the spot.
- Our top objective is to help you get relief from chronic discomfort. If our Leawood dentists succeed, we will better understand the next line of action.
Get Rid Of TMJ Pain At Asha Dental
Here at Asha Dental, we will ensure that you walk out of our dental office with a smile on your face. We will provide you with immediate relief and get rid of your TMJ pain with the help of our dental care procedures. Book an appointment with us at Asha Dental today. You can also call us at (913) 440-4199 for further information on TMJ Treatments in Leawood, KS.